CERTIND-ME is the legal entity responsible for certification activities; reference to CERTIND-ME, in this Policy and Public Statement refers to these legal entities.
CERTIND-ME, It\'s Managers, Staff and Sub-contractors fully understands the importance of impartiality in undertaking its Certification Activities. CERTIND-ME will therefore ensure that in all its dealings with clients or potential clients all employees or other personnel are and will remain impartial. To ensure that impartiality is both maintained and can be demonstrated the following principals have been established.
- CERTIND-ME, Certificates are only issued following a review by an independent authorised and competent member of the management team (who has not been involved in the audit) to ensure that no interest shall predominate.
- CERTIND-ME, does not offer (and has never offered) management system consultancy or any other form of consultancy to companies or individuals.
- CERTIND-ME, does not offer (and has never offered) an internal audit service to its certified clients.
- CERTIND-ME does not own or have any interest (financial or otherwise) in any other company that offers certification or management system consultancy services.
- CERTIND-ME, does not have (and will not form) any relationships with companies who offer consultancy or other services that can be construed as having an impact on the certification services provided by CERTIND-ME, Any proposed relationship between CERTIND-ME,. And any other company will undergo a risk assessment by the Committee for Impartiality prior to that relationship being formalised. Any current relationships with companies, organisations and individuals will be risk assessed on a regular basis to ensure that the relationship does not impact upon the impartiality of the certification Procedure.
- Individuals employed by or otherwise contracted to CERTIND-ME, are required to document and record their current and past relationships with all companies. Any situation past or present which may present a potential conflict of interest is required by CERTIND-ME, to be declared.
- CERTIND-ME will use the information to identify any threats to impartiality and will not use that individual in any capacity unless they can demonstrate that there is no conflict of interest.
- CERTIND-ME, will not allocate a member of staff or sub-contractor to a management system audit where any past relationship has existed. Exceptionally and at the discretion of the Technical Manager or General Manager an individual or sub-contractor may be allocated to a management system audit where a past relationship has existed but there has been no relationship for a minimum of 2 years.
- CERTIND-ME, does not and will not offer any commission, (‘finders fees’ or other inducements) to any individual or company in respect of referrals of clients unless:
- The terms and conditions of any such referral are clearly established and can be demonstrated and it can also be demonstrated that the fee is for a referral and the fact that a commission has been paid will in no way effect the outcome of an audit.
- A risk assessment (to establish the potential for an unacceptable threat to impartiality) has been carried out on the Procedure through which any such payment is made to an individual or organisation (normally a consultant) requesting the commission for referrals. All such payments are documented, recorded, and traceable and accompanied by a purchase order and invoice.
- CERTIND-ME, does not offer specific training to any company in respect of implementing a particular standard for that company. Any training offered by CERTIND-ME, is general in nature and available to all companies or individuals who wish to attend.
- CERTIND-ME will ensure that it is not linked or marketed in any way which links it with the activities of a management system consultancy and will take appropriate action should any such link be identified.
- Auditors and others involved in the certification Procedure are not and will not be put under any pressure and will not be influenced in any way to come to a particular conclusion regarding the result of an audit.
Staff, Auditors and Sub Contractor Requirements
All information received by or available to CERTIND-ME, staff, auditors, sub-contractors or committee members (in whatever format) received in conducting audit activities, or during other certification activities, or during any dealings with an organization for any other reason shall be regarded as strictly confidential and shall not be divulged to any 3rd party (unless specified in ISO 17021-1:2015) without the express permission of the organization or individual concerned. The requirement to keep confidential any information will also include any organization that has a legitimate right to audit or inspect CERTIND-ME. Where CERTIND-ME, is required by law to release confidential information to a third party the client or individual concerned shall, unless regulated by law, be notified in advance of the information provided However where the organization is seen to be operating contrary to legal requirements or has operating practices which pose a danger to staff, customers or the environment CERTIND-ME, reserves the right to immediately report any such incident to the relevant authority. Any such reporting will only be undertaken with the permission of General Manager.
Access to Records
All records will be retained in a secure manner, only accessible to authorized staff via either paper records or password controlled electronic records. Sub-contractors will be limited to accessing information produced by them in conducting an audit. Records will only be made available to organizations who can demonstrate a legitimate (and legal) right to view those records and specifically to Accreditation Bodies.
All staff, auditors, sub-contractors, General Managers and Committee Members will be required to agree to CERTIND-ME, confidentiality policy and sign a confidentiality agreement. Sub-contractors will also sign an agreement which also contains the responsibility to maintain confidentiality.